Monday, March 26, 2012

A Walk to Remember (Part 4) – Chillin’ at Sagada

It was a looooong journey from village back to Saddle Point. And since we walk slow and we’re tired they hired a porter to carry their bags, I didnt because I dont want to spend 150 pesos. But a porter was so kind to me that he offered his porting service for free! so without any second thoughts, i said yes!
Separate ways.
See the roof at the top? That's Saddle Point. See the stairs on the right, that's about a hundred and more steps going up. It was the shortest and the hardest path tho :)

I took a different path going to Saddle Point. I took the shortest but the hardest. Hardest because I needed to climb up to around hundred steps.
So, I came to the Saddle first. While waiting for them, I took a quick rest and handed a PhP50 tip to my porter, but since he said he offered it for free, he refused to take the money. Me, being on “tipid-mode” I didnt insist :)
Yes, I'm proud of that! I bought this shirt even if it doesnt fit me at all :p
Jen and I never missed the chance to take picture atop of the jeepney :)

So, continuing our journey, we arrived at Banaue nearly noon-time. From there we’re supposed to take a bus going to Sagada. But a local approached us and recommended us to get a van instead for PhP 2K!!! since the bus normally arrives full of passengers and there will be chances that there will be no seats for us.  It took us a hard time haggling with the price of van going to Sagada and thankfully, the lady from Batad, who apparently brought the vodka (whom, I dont know the name haha!) got us a cheaper van.
Originally, we had a plan to do spelunking on this day but since we were tired from yesterday’s walk, and yes, today’s walk as well, we decided to just relax.
Food and accomodation in Sagada is more cheaper than in Batad. We ate lunch at the famous Yoghurt House. For about a PhP120, you can have a decent meal and the meal has huge serving, so if you eat less, a meal can be good for two persons. Affordable, isn’t it? And oh! I forgot, the yoghurt is fresh and sooooo delicious!
this is fooooodd!!! grabe! we were deprived of food at Batad, so eto, bumabawi sa pagkain :) Veggies are soo crunchy and that's the way I want it.
Eva's sandwich. Look at those veggies! *drool*
  
Strawberry Preserve
Eva's smilin now :)
 After our lunch, we took rest in our room. We stayed in Canaway guest house by the way. They have the superb and cheap room rates plus free wifi! :) They took their dinner at Lemon Pie House but I decided to stay and have some more rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment